Monday, September 23, 2013

Ok, I simply couldn't resist

As the title of this blog states, I honestly could not resist being the first to post something about my favorite character in all of the Canterbury Tales: The Wife of Bath.

Here she is, ladies and gentlemen! The beautiful Wife of Bath in all of her audacious and provocative beauty! Tremble all who behold her gap tooth of ultimate seduction!

Ok, so the Wife of Bath is probably the funniest characters of the series. I mean, come on. All the Miller has for him is his drunken stupidity. Take the bottle away from him and he's got nothing! The Wife of Bath's quick wit and constant flirtatious innuendos are constant and everlasting. Like, it has been how long since the tale has been written and her mannerisms are STILL hysterical and for all the same reasons, too! How's that for good writing? Eat it, Shakespeare!

Anyways, if you are doubting me, why don't you just read one of the first things she says on pg.102 (approximately line 28):

"God bad us for to wexe and multiplye:
   That gentil text can I wel understonde."

For all of you who haven't read this part yet, she is basically saying "God told us to increase and multiply. That's a nice bit of scripture I can understand well."

Oh, and if that didn't tickle your funny bones, check this: SHE NEVER SAYS SHE HAS ANY KIDS!! LIKE EVER!! GOOGLE IT!!

So, that's it for me for now since I'm presenting on this, along with my dear friend Brittney, in a few days. I just really wanted you all to get hyped for the Wife of Bath ahead of time.



No comments:

Post a Comment