Thursday, November 21, 2013

Paradise Done?

We got the chance to be done with class a little bit early this week, because Professor Mitchell-Buck wanted us to just be able to bask in the warm glow of appreciating Milton. (A noble cause if ever there was one.) I will admit however that I’m not yet finished reading Paradise Lost. Sure, I’ve read the first two ‘books’, but I have every intention of reading the whole thing in the near future, and I’d be interested to know if anyone else is planning to do the same. Or perhaps there’s another work that we’ve started in class that’s grabbed your attention and demands to be read. If so, which one? --- 2 of 5

2 comments:

  1. Milton's Paradise Lost is a beautiful piece of work. I would like to read it all, but I'm not sure if I could really handle it. I'm afraid it'll end up like my copy of Moby Dick, that I'll get a good way into it and then just stop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thoroughly enjoyed reading Paradise Lost this semester and would love to say that I will read the entire thing at some point in the future, but it's likely that won't happen. Typically when I read an excerpt from a text for a class, it kind of ruins the rest for me. I'm not sure how or why, it just does.

    ReplyDelete